Thursday, February 1, 2018

Silver Linings

Hi all, I let this blog lapse because life got busy. However, this past month and a half I've suffered a series of losses and feel the need to start writing again. My grandmother and mother both passed away and it became obvious it was time to put my father in a home due to advanced Alzheimer's disease. All of this happened between Thanksgiving and January 4th. A real shock to the system as it were. I don't even know if people read blogs anymore or if everyone has moved on to Instagram but I'm going to use this as a diary of sorts. I'm writing here for myself, if people read it, so much the better.

One of the things my sister and I are doing is looking for a silver lining in the dark clouds that have taken over our lives every day. We don't have to tell each other what they are, we just have to find one. I think it's a great way to focus on the positive. Some days there are several, some days it's not easy to find one.

Today's silver lining is a return to self care. When things went sideways, I started drinking to much, hardly eating at all, not exercising and generally stressing out. I realized that I couldn't make it through and come out the other end without taking care of myself. I cut out the drinking entirely, went back to my Barre3 practice and started paying attention to sleeping and eating. I'm still heavy of heart but feeling better in body.

No comments:

Post a Comment