Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The importance of Structure

I'm always drawn to the easy, casual look of skorts and sneakers. Along the lines of the "Atha-Leisure" look that is so popular. These looks below all came from the most recent line at Athleta. These strike me as perfect for my weekend life. I could go from hiking with a friend to brunch, from ball park or soccer field to volunteer activities. The trouble I have is that I feel like these look to soft, for lack of a better word. I once read that the best way to minimize the "jiggly bits" was in structure clothes. It was described as follow: If you had a pile of chicken fat and put it in a zip lock bag, it's free so squish however and where ever it like. But if you but it in a Tupperware container, it has to conform to that shape. That made quite an impression on me and I have been trying to keep my bits in Tupperware. Pressed Bermuda shorts, nice tees and tops, tucked in, you get the picture. I'm still torn, though because these look so nice. What do you all think?



No comments:

Post a Comment